Special icons you can find in results:
- Instant - Instant confirmation
- Refundable - Cancelation possible (check rules)
- eTicket - You can board by showing ticket from your phone
From Bangrak Seatran Pier to Bangkok by Ferries+Buses
From Bangrak Seatran Pier to Bangkok by Ferries+Buses+Flights
From Koh Samui Airport to Bangkok by Flights
Transport types between Koh Samui and Bangkok
Trains are not avaliable
Buses are not avaliable
Ferries are not avaliable
Taxis are not avaliable
Koh Samui to Bangkok destination reviews
How to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok
Travelling between Koh Samui and Bangkok is possible by Flight, bus, ferry, train, van and taxi. Flight guarantees the fastest travel on this route. Van+ferry+bus is the slowest option.
The most expensive ticket will cost you THB 15,190 if you go by flight; to keep it budget-friendly, opt for a ferry+bus which will set you back mere THB 400.
How long does it take to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok?
It can take you anywhere between 2 and 18 hours to travel between Koh Samui and Bangkok depending on the means of transport you choose.
Flight is the fastest way to travel between Koh Samui and Bangkok. Flight will bring you to your destination in 1h 5m. Van+ferry+bus does a much slower job and take about 17h 10m to reach Bangkok.
How much does it cost to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok?
Travelling between Koh Samui and Bangkok can be as cheap as THB 400 if you opt for a 12Go Bus, Seatran Discovery (ซีทราน) ferry+bus and as expensive as THB 15,190 if you buy a Thai Airways flight ticket.
Here is the list of how much you can expect to pay travelling by each means of transport available for this route.
How many trips per day are there between Koh Samui and Bangkok ?
- 98 from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:00 Koh Samui Airport until 21:50 Koh Samui Airport
- 10 by ferry+bus+avia from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 09:00 Bangrak Seatran Pier until 09:00 Bangrak Seatran Pier
- 6 by ferry+bus from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 08:00 Maenam Samui until 18:00 Lipa Noi Koh Samui
- 5 by van+ferry+bus from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Maenam hotel transfer until 16:00 Koh Samui any hotel
- 4 by ferry+bus+train from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui until 12:45 Na Thon Koh Samui
- 2 by charter+ferry+bus+avia from Koh Samui to Bangkok starting from 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel until 06:30 Koh Samui any hotel
Check above for a bus, train, flight and ferry timetable from Koh Samui to Bangkok.
What mode of transportation is the best one for my route?
Flying is the fastest and often the most expensive way to travel from Koh Samui to Bangkok, but with a bit of luck you can score very good deals for as little as THB 3,672.
Things to remember: Note that some of the airlines may have restrictions on checked luggage weight or require paying extra for check-in, choosing seats or transportation of oversized luggage.
If opting for a flight, calculate the time you will spend getting to and from the airports as well as the waiting time before your flight, getting through immigration in case of an international flight and recovering your checked luggage.
In certain cases all these procedures can add no less than 5 hours to your total travel time.
Airlines flying between Koh Samui and Bangkok
Bangkok Air (บางกอกแอร์เวย์), Thai Airways
What is the most popular transport to get from Koh Samui to Bangkok?
There is a choice of transportation means any time of the day with ferry+bus+avia remaining the most popular option due to their reasonable pricing and comfort.
Out of 1000 travellers who bought tickets for this route
- 1000 chosen ferry+bus+avia