Buses from La Paz Bolivia to Uyuni
You have applied 1 search filter
Fromto Uyuni by Buses
Transportation from La Paz Bolivia to Uyuni
Trains are not avaliable
Ferries are not avaliable
Flights are not avaliable
Taxis are not avaliable
How to get from La Paz Bolivia to Uyuni by bus
Though it may be not the fastest way of travel, it is quite possible to get from La Paz Bolivia and Uyuni by bus. With 6 daily departures between La Paz Bolivia and Uyuni on average, travelling by bus is a convenient and budget-friendly option.
The route is served by the following operators: Cruz del Norte, Panasur, Trans Omar, Trans Titicaca.
How long does it take to get from La Paz Bolivia to Uyuni by bus?
Buses normally need between 9h and 10h hours to get to Uyuni from La Paz Bolivia. Note that the travel time is for your reference only and can depend on traffic and weather conditions. If travelling during major national holidays expect long delays.
Trans Titicaca offers the fastest service. Cruz del Norte, Panasur, Trans Omar buses usually take the longest time to complete the journey.
How much does it cost to get from La Paz Bolivia to Uyuni by bus?
Travelling by bus between La Paz Bolivia and Uyuni is an affordable option. The cheapest ticket is offered by Cruz del Norte, Trans Omar and costs USD 16.70. A Trans Titicaca's ticket will set you back USD 28.37 on average.
Travelling by bus essentials
- If planning to travel during high season, weekends or national holidays, it is highly recommended to book your bus tickets in advance.
- VIP, 1st, Gold etc. bus tickets are more expensive but they provide a higher level of comfort and often include wide soft reclining seats and water and snacks or lunch.
- Not all buses have an on-board toilet but normally for all trips longer three hours all operators schedule a bathroom and/or a lunch stop.
- If you travel by an air-con bus, make sure to pack layers as air-conditioning on buses is often excessive.
- To avoid being disturbed by overhead lights switched on during stops and too loud on-board entertaining system have earplugs and a sleeping mask.
- Note that if bus requires refueling en-route, passengers will be asked to get off the bus.
- Arrive to the bus station 20-30 minutes before departure to have enough time to find the departure platform.